Serve Kids and Youth
Thanks for your interest in serving with children and youth at Westside Church. We take the care of our kids very seriously and have a variety of safeguards in place to ensure the highest level of protection for our volunteers and our children. We have developed this web page to make your application process easy. Please follow the steps below and you will be serving with our teams in no time.
1. LET US KNOW YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SERVING WITH KIDS AND/OR YOUTH
2. COMPLETE A WESTSIDE CHURCH SERVING APPLICATION
Print it, fill it out, and sign it (yes, we need your actual signature).
3. WATCH THE CHILD PROTECTION VIDEOS
Set aside time to watch the online Child Protection Videos (see below). These videos are an important piece in the training of all our volunteers. We require everyone who serves with children and youth to watch the videos.
SESSION 1: PRESERVING GOD’S CALL IN THE LIFE OF A CHILD
- Understanding the effects of child abuse
- Committing to safe ministries for children and youth
- Understanding how molesters operate
- Discover steps to protect staff and volunteers from false accusations
SESSION 2: PROTECTION AND PURITY
- Committing to effective abuse prevention in our churches
- Identifying and taking action on warning signs of abuse
- Understanding and implementing proactive and redemptive steps for responding to allegations of abuse
SESSION 3: BOUNDARIES, BEHAVIOR AND BARRIERS
- Boundaries for volunteers who work with children and youth
- Behavior management for church volunteers
- Barriers to adults reporting their concerns about other adults
SESSION 4: SELF-PROTECTION WITH GODLY CONFIDENCE
- Ten ways to protect children and youth from abuse
- Warning signs that a child feels uncomfortable
- How to respond if someone tells you they have been abused
- Youth to youth abuse – what it is and how to prevent it
The Foursquare Church created this four-session video training series for use in our congregations and ministries with one hope: to prevent the maltreatment of children and youth so they can mature in personal faith in Christ without the wounds of abuse in their lives. We do not suggest viewing the videos with children present. The topics discussed are serious and would equate to an approximate PG-13 rating.
4. PRINT AND SIGN THE VIDEO COMPLETION FORM
Download and print it out and complete the required information, acknowledging that you have watched all the online child protection videos. Yes, we need your signature here too.
That’s it! Place all forms in an envelope and either mail them to the church at the address listed below, or drop them off at the church office.
Westside Church (attn: Serving Teams)
2051 NW Shevlin Park Road
Bend, OR 97701